NIRD&PR being the apex agency accredited with excellence
in training, research and consultancy will undertake the capacity building of the
grass root women leaders through Training of Trainers, Research and Advocacy in
• To have partnership with state and sub-state level capacity building institutions through competency assessments to build a network to train elected women leaders in effective local governance.
• To undertake relevant capacity needs assessments and other pertinent research to strengthen capacity building approaches on gender responsive governance.
• To develop in close collaboration with partner research institutions a demand driven curriculum to strengthen the role of elected women leaders in the local governance systems at all the three levels of governance.
• To build a pool of strong trainers in the mainstream institutions to strengthen capacities of women elected leaders in local governance.
• To build capacities of state, district and block development officials in gender responsive governance.
• To develop knowledge products and knowledge tools that can build capacities of large numbers of elected women leaders using information technology.
• To facilitate a South-South exchange for enhancing the capabilities of elected women representatives on gender responsive governance through peer learning.
• To organize advocacy workshops with key leaders in the bureaucracy, political leadership and media.
• To create a strong monitoring and evaluation system to capture changes in attitudes and knowledge of the key change makers trained by the institution and undertake periodical monitoring and generation of reports.
• To establish mechanisms for systematic documentation and archiving of the knowledge products so that the institution can become a hub for knowledge sharing and networking on gendered governance especially policy critique and guidance relating to local governance.